What if there was a tool available to…
- Easily simulate social situations with a “real-world” feeling
- Enable caregivers to quickly create tailor-made sessions
- Help children practice social skills in a human-like way
- Provide therapy in different languages
How Furhat can help
- Simulate situations with a human, “real-world” feeling
- Train at a personalized pace and environment
- Reduce dependency on available therapists
Furhat Robotics presents an innovative concept developed together with habilitation experts to support children with ASD in their social skills training. The Furhat robot, with its human-like shape and face, has the ability to on-demand show a wide range of different facial expressions and maintain these expressions for however long they are needed, allowing time for discussions and reflections around what a certain expression looks like and means.
With an easy-to-use web tool, content, pictures and dialogues can easily be added and amended to suit every child, and sessions can be saved as templates and logged if needed. The robot can either be used as a tool by therapists or as a stand-alone practice tool for older children, accompanied by instructional touch screens and feedback on exercises – all done in a safe and calm environment.
Concept specific features
- Back projected face with ability to show 20+ facial gestures on request
- Neck movements with 3 degrees of freedom to include social cues such as nodding
- Camera to track eye movement which enables a more human-like interaction
- Touch-screen with complementary pictures and text
Interested in learning more and sharing this idea with your team?
Download the brochure for a deeper insight into this concept solution.